45 1/2? What does that mean? And why the “1/2”? Founder and CEO Dominique McCullough (That would be me, the blogger😂) is 45 1/2 years old. Not many women would layout their age for all to see, but when you reap the rewards of coconut use as part of your skin care regimen, and look as good as I do, well yes “Do Tell”
Don’t let the Mac beat face fool you! Make Up Free.
So in case you were wondering, that was your 1/2 (LOL).
Now on to the remaining 45 reasons why everyone should use coconut oil. Disclaimer: If you are allergic to coconut, then this blog is not for you, but please feel free to share.
- Face Scrub – Mix coconut oil with baking soda, sugar, or cinnamon and oatmeal for the perfect face scrub and exfoliator. Kiss Me Nature’s Exfoliating and Detoxing Dead Sea Scrub is a great way to…
2. Facial Wash – I blogged last summer about Beauty Tips using Coconut Oil, Coco-Lemon Face Wash System™, to cleanse and clear dark spots or blemishes, AND moisturize your skin. for more information about our system, click on the link.
3. Acne – Coconut oil gently fights the bacteria that cause acne. Dab it directly on the offending pimples and watch them shrink.
4. Moisturizer – Coconut oil is an excellent way to soften and hydrate dry, rough, or damaged skin.
5. Dandruff – Massage coconut oil into the scalp to ease symptoms of dandruff, both itching and flaking.
6. Curb Appetite – Take a spoonful before meals to curb appetite so you don’t overeat
7. Wrinkles – Rub into lines, creases, and wrinkles to rehydrate skin and soften those wrinkles away.
8. Pet Health – Coconut oil can do a multitude of things for pets, both topically and internally. It improves breath, makes for a shiny coat, eases joint problems, cleans ears, gets rid of fleas, and much more.
9. Chicken Pox – Ease the itch and encourage healing with dabs of coconut oil. It also works on poison ivy, poison oak, mosquito bites, and other insect stings or bites.
10. Toothpaste – Mix 1 part coconut oil with 1 part baking soda and add a couple drops of peppermint oil. This makes a refreshing, natural toothpaste that whitens and cleans without added preservatives, fluoride, sweeteners, or other chemicals.
11. Yeast Infections – Coconut oil fights these fungal infections internally and externally.
12. Conditioner – Coconut oil conditions, strengthens, and repairs hair. Massage it in and rinse it out after ten minutes. A small amount can be rubbed in to dry hair to tame frizz.
13. Nose Bleeds – Rub a bit of coconut oil in nostrils to fight the dry cracking that can lead to nose bleeds and pain.
14. Nursing – Coconut oil works great to repair dry, cracked skin, including sore nipples from nursing.
15. Fitness – Coconut oil boosts energy, increases metabolism, improves thyroid function, and aids healthy weight loss. It is the perfect addition to any workout or fitness regimen. Sunwarrior’s Warrior Blend includes medium chain triglycerides from coconut oil specifically to raise energy levels and increase stamina during workouts and speed recovery and healing after any exercise.
16. Acid Reflux – Take a small spoonful with meals to keep acid reflux and heartburn at bay.
17. Toothaches – Coconut oil eases the pain and strengthens teeth. You can mix it with a drop of clove oil to almost instantly relieve pain.
18. Canker Sores – Dab coconut oil on canker sores to kill infection and speed up healing. Coconut oil is also a far tastier way to treat canker sores than most other methods. I would add a little tea tree oil, peppermint and cinnamon to the mix.
19. Hemorrhoids – Coconut oil eases the pain and discomfort of hemorrhoids and encourages natural healing both internally and externally.
20. Deodorant – Mix coconut oil with cornstarch, baking soda, and your favorite essential oils for a natural deodorant that smells fantastic.
21. Energy – Coconut oil and its medium chain triglycerides make it an excellent energy source to improve stamina, endurance, or just to give you a boost through the day.
22. Polish Furniture – Coconut oil gives a protective shine to wood furniture. Just make sure you test it out on a small area to make sure you like the outcome.
23. Makeup Remover – Coconut oil removes oil-based makeup easily, like mascara. It cleans, hydrates, and makes skin glow.
24. Shaving Cream – Coconut oil keeps the razor gliding smoothly while leaving skin smooth and soft.
25. Age Spots – Coconut oil has beneficial effects on any skin blemish. Use it to help fade age spots with powerful antioxidants.
26. Bruises – Rub coconut oil into bruised skin to speed healing and watch the bruises fade fast.
27. Cradle Cap – Coconut oil is gentle and safe for infants and helps ease the itching, pain, redness, and flaking associated with cradle cap.
28. Earaches – Earaches, swimmer’s ear, and ear infections clear up fast with a few drops of coconut oil mixed with garlic oil.
29. Stys/Pink Eye – Rub a small amount of coconut oil on the sty or around the eyes to get rid of these painful and annoying infections quickly.
30. Gum Removal – Coconut oil gets the sticky stuff out of hair, carpet, and anywhere else it doesn’t belong.
31, Lubricant – Coconut makes an all-natural personal lubricant for intimate moments without chemicals, but it should not be used with condoms as oils tend to compromise the integrity of your protection.
32. Lip Balm – Coconut oil hydrates and protects lips. Coconut even offers some protection from the sun, about an SPF 4.
33. Ring Worm – Rub coconut oil onto affected area to kill the fungus that causes unsightly ringworm. Add tea tree oil to clear the infection even faster.
34. Warts and Moles – Rub oil into area and cover with a bandage. Rub in fresh oil and place a new bandage each day.
35. Stretch Marks – Prevent and soften stretch marks from pregnancy with coconut oil for soft and supple skin.
36. Lice – Coconut oil kills and removes this pesky problem.
37. Cleanser – Coconut oil makes an effective and gentle cleanser to remove the grime of the day.
38. Athletes Foot – The powerful anti-fungal properties of coconut oil make it perfect for any fungal infection. Add a few drops of oregano or tea tree oil for more anti-fungal power.
39. Massage Oil – Coconut oil soothes tired and sore muscles. Add a few drops of essential oils for more effect.
40. Diaper Rash – Coconut oil can help heal mild diaper rash gently and effectively.
41. Cradle Cap – Coconut oil is gentle and safe for infants and helps ease the itching, pain, redness, and flaking associated with cradle cap.
42. Sunburn – Coconut oil can help prevent sunburn for short exposures. When you burn, it will also speed healing and take some of the sting away. Make sure you wait until all the heat has dissipated before applying it or you trap the heat in. Wait 24 to 72 hours depending on the extent of the burn.
43. Eczema – Coconut oil reduces the itchiness, pain, flakiness, and dryness of eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
44. Makeup Remover – Coconut oil removes oil-based makeup easily, like mascara. It cleans, hydrates, and makes skin glow.
45. FINALLY!!!!! BAKING!!!! Try our Simple Home Made Coconut Cake, and let us know our thoughts!
Do you know of any other uses or benefits of coconut oil? Comment below. we would love to hear your thoughts!